Weekly Kitsch Report: Things That Aren’t Necessary, But Totally Are.
But gradually the models of those elementary rusticities became stranger and stranger to the eye, the nearer I came to know them – Lolita, Nabokov
Every week I’ll link to objects that warm my heart.
- iPad Typewriter [this isn’t happiness.]
- How To Tell When Bread Was Baked – [the kitchn]
- Auto-Harp Rock [deerhuntertheband]
- John Morgan’s photostream (the photo above is one of his) [flickr]
And one thing I didn’t like:
- A film about, well, film – “[the] script involves a father-son road trip in which they attempt to reach the lab and process their Kodachrome rolls before their memories are lost forever.” I’m reminded of the old 1960s Kodak ad with the tagline: “All it takes is a camera, Kodak film, and thoughtfulness.” Guess which one is missing. [PetaPixel]